The GMC Hummer EV Gains 70,000 Reservations and Counting

May 6th, 2022 by

White GMC Hummer EV trunk open green trees

The demand for the GMC Hummer EV Pickup and SUV continues to skyrocket. Since GM released its 2022 Quarter 1 earnings, the automaker received 70,000 additional reservations for the Hummer EV Pickup and SUV. Additionally, in March (2022), GMC collected 65,000 pre-orders for the electric Hummer. 

Initially, General Motors made plans to construct 23,000 GMC Hummer EV Pickups. However, the automaker should’ve doubled that vision. Instead, GM revealed its original plans for production in response to the high demand for the Hummer EV. Furthermore, early February (2022) left GM with 59,000 reservations

General Motors believes that the Hummer EV SUV will outperform the Hummer EV Pickup. The EV SUV will attest for 60 percent of the Hummer’s sales while the pickup tackles the remaining 40 percent of sales. The GM Factory Zero Plant in Detroit will resume with the production of the 2024 GMC Hummer EV SUV. However, production of the SUV won’t commence until next year (2023). Moreover, the Factory Zero Plant will initiate production of the Hummer EV Pickup in the coming months.  

Out of all the shocking features that the Hummer EV encapsulates, there’s one surprising feature the GM SUV can’t contain: new GMC enthusiasts. Demand is sky-high for the EV SUV because of first-time GM buyers. The newly found GM enthusiasts comprise 75 percent of the Hummer’s reservations. Moreover, 70 percent of reservation holders are newborn buyers of the EV market. 

For now, the only GMC Hummer EV pickup that has rolled across the assembly line is the premium Edition 1. Before selling out, the GMC Hummer EV Edition 1 held a starting price of $110,295. A tier down from the EV Edition 1 is the EV3X which will premiere this Fall (2022), the EV2X will take over Spring (2023), and the Standard trim, the EV2, will conquer early 2024. 

Your GMC Hummer EV is Here at Southern Buick GMC Greenbrier 

We want to take you back to when you purchased your first vehicle. Now we know that the memory of your first purchase isn’t too far behind for most, while for others, this memory has yet to breathe reality. Whichever way the circumstance blows, Southern Buick GMC Greenbrier wants to ensure your next long-term experience exudes extravagance just like you. 

At Southern Buick GMC Greenbrier, we have a surplus of new and brilliantly pre-owned vehicles to make selecting your home away from home your only difficulty. 

Most importantly, the Greenbrier sales team wants to take you back to the day when you purchased your first vehicle and provide an experience that exceeds those expectations. 

Usually, people assume that competitive rates and luxury can’t exist in the same sentence, but our finance team can affirm otherwise. Spend some time with our free and easy-to-use finance center, and you’ll be sure to impress yourself.  

However, if you aren’t ready to forgo that beautiful ride, don’t stress yourself out. Our service technicians are here for your next service or auto repair

Luxury and unbeatable pricing lives here at Southern Buick GMC Greenbrier. So don’t be afraid to learn more about your GMC HUMMER EV, financial standing, or routine maintenance with your new favorite dealership. 


Posted in GMC